Teton Valley Activites
We have a picnic area and lots of lawn. Also a gazebo where you can sit and enjoy the views. We also have a barbeque grill and a firepit that can be used if prior arrangements are made.You can play 1/2 court Basketball or Horseshoes.
We are Located:
- 19 miles from Grand Targhee Ski and Summer Resort
- within 30 minutes of 3 major ski resorts
- 26 miles from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- 45 miles (about an hour’s drive) west of the South Entrance to Grand Teton National Park
- 90 miles (about 1.5 hours) south of West Yellowstone
- 62 miles from Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Driggs which is 8 miles away
Activities Around Town:
- Golfing, Movie Theater, Pierre’s Playhouse & the museum.
- Hiking, Bike paths, fishing, horseback riding, golfing, running and nature walks, canoe, kayak or float the beautiful Teton River.
- Fishing on the Teton, Snake or Henry’s Fork Rivers.
- A float down the river and viewing moose, eagles, elk and Great Horned owls.
- Horseback riding through National Forests.
- Mountain biking in the Tetons
GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK is only 45 minutes away.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK is about 90 minutes away.
We are close to Palasade Lake, Jackson Lake and Henry’s Lake.
The Teton River runs North through the middle of Teton Valley and is well known among anglers. There are also many streams that flow into this river that are fun for fishing.
Also you might try your hand at fishing the South fork of the Snake River or the Henry’s Fork of the Snake.
You can hire an experienced guide or hit the river on your own!!
Bagley’s Teton Mountain Ranch will take you riding through the Big Hole Mountains. They also have an Elk herd and will take you out among them.
Dry Ridge Outfitters do trail rides and drop camps near the Tetons and in Yellowstone Nat’l Park.
If you are looking to hike there is a great website you might want to check out: http://tetonhikingtrails.com/
At this website you can get detailed info on hiking in the West Tetons. Hikes such as:
- Black Canyon Overlook
- Darby Wind Caves
- Mary’s Saddles
- Table Mountain
- Coal Creek Meadows and more!!!
What’s happening in Teton Valley:
- Summer offers Chuck Wagon Rides, art workshops, horseback riding and pack trips. Rocky Mountain Balloon Rally. You won’t want to miss the 4th of July in Victor.
- Hiking in Teton Valley
- A lot of folks who live in Teton Valley will say “Just pick a canyon and go!” We are surrounded by Caribou-Targhee National Forest, the Jedidiah Smith Wilderness area, and Grand Teton National Park.
- One of our Family Favorites is The Wind Caves.
- Also, Table Rock but this hike will take the entire day!
Beautiful Teton Valley surrounded by majestic mountains has to be a plus to the avid golfer. With wildlife occasionally passing by, our golf courses are amazing!!
Targhee Village Golf Course
Biking in Teton Valley has become very popular with access to over 200 miles of open trails for exploring. Bring your bike or rent from one of the local stores.
There is also a bike path leading from Victor to Driggs.
If you like the water you might try rafting, kayaking, canoeing or float on an innertube down the river. Keep your eye open for wildlife. We saw at least 1 moose every trip we floated the river in 2013. 2 Bald Eagles entertained us on a couple of our trips also! One of our guests saw 9 moose in 1 float!!!! (Don’t want to miss that!!!)
If you are looking for a world class whitewater adventure you can head on over to Jackson and take a guided tour down the Snake River.
John Colter Half Marathon in August
Tin Cup Challenge in July
Winter: Snowmobile Tours, and sleigh rides through the elk herd.
Activities Near By:
- White Water Rafting on the Snake River
- Skiing & Snowboarding at Grand Targhee, Snow King and Teton Village
- Snowmobile Tours
- Hiking & Backpacking the Teton Range
- Dining Out
Other Kasper Favorites
- Bar J Chuckwagon in Jackson, Wyoming
- Bar T 5 Mountain Man Dinner
- Downtown Jackson, Wyoming Shoot Out at 5:30 every night
- Pierre’s Playhouse Movie Theater
- Float the Teton River…
- 4 Wheeling all over the Valley and into some of the mountain canyons.
- Best Huckleberry Shake out there.
Want to See More of the Teton Valley?
Also be sure to visit the Geotourism Center in Driggs that was developed by National Geographic. An opportunity to learn more about the area.
|Big Hole BBQ||Fish Taco’s a favorite|
|Brakeman American Grill||Best burger place|
|Spoons Bistro||Contemporary Cuisines….limited menu|
|West Side Yard||Bar/Restaurant….more of a lunch place|
|The Station Grill|
|Victor Valley Market and Café||Delicatessen|
|Victor Emporium||Home of the Huckleberry Milkshake|
|Wildlife Brewing and Pizza||Best pizza in Jackson or Teton Valley|
|Knotty Pine||A Teton Valley Favorite….one of our favorite|
|Scratch||Recently added dinner to their menu.|
|Subway||inside Phillips 66|
|Sunnyside Café||lunch only Great Philly Sandwich|
|Seoul Restaurant||Korean Food|
|Warbirds Café||Airport Café|
|O’Rourkes||A Teton Valley Favorite|
|Broulims Grocery Store||Great Deli|
|TJ’s Grill and Pizzeria|
|Fuego Grill||Tex Mex Cuisine|
|Three Peaks Dinner Table||American|
|Marigold Café||American and bakery|
|The Royal Wolf||Wings, burgers and Sandwiches|
|Pendl’s Bakery and Café|
|Big Hole Bagel and Bistro|
|Provisions Local Kitchen||lunch only 7-2 p.m.|